When two people vow to spend the rest of their lives together, their wedding day is a momentous occasion worthy of praise and well wishes. With approximately 2.5 million couples walking down the aisle every year in the U.S., chances are you’ll be invited to celebrate a friend, colleague or family member’s nuptials.
Showering the newly married couple with thoughtful wedding gifts is always a good idea and a traditional gesture, but adding a meaningful note along with your present will really warm their hearts. No gift? No problem. A nice card with a monetary gift can stand alone and will be just as welcomed as a tangible token. If you’re stumped on what to write inside a wedding card, don’t worry, we’ve rounded up some of the best wedding wishes you can include in a card or share on social media in a touching Instagram caption.
From formal to funny and everything in between, this comprehensive list will suit the lucky pair accordingly. Whether it’s your best friend whom you’ve known since middle school or your favorite co-worker, this roundup will let the wedded pair know how much you care.
Remember, no matter what you write, the couple will always appreciate your well wishes and thoughtfulness.
Formal Wedding Wishes
- Wishing you a lifetime of wedded bliss.
- May your special union bring unbelievable joy to your life.
- May the years ahead be filled with lasting love and happiness.
- May today be the beginning of a new tomorrow that you will cherish forever.
- Wishing you nothing but a lifetime of love.
- May this day be the start of forever for you two.
- May your love burn brighter every day as you grow in love.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- Always remember this special day and why you’re saying, “I do.”
- Wishing you joy, love and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together.
- Together, may you experience joy beyond your imaginations.
- May this day mark the beginning of a lifetime together.
- Wishing you both a happy and prosperous future.
- As you grow older together, may your love for one another grow stronger.
- Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for a happy and fulfilling future.
- Congratulations on your marriage. May it be fulfilling and everlasting.
- Wishing you a beautiful wedding day and an enduring love.
- With every hug and kiss, may your bond grow stronger.
- Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day and witness your undying love.
- Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together.
Funny Wedding Wishes for Friends
- Congratulations! You’re finally getting hitched!
- Thanks for inviting me to the best party ever! Oops, I meant your wedding. Congratulations!
- Remember, in order to have a successful marriage, you must fall in love many times and always with the same person.
- Enjoy your special day because tomorrow the real hard work starts!
- Your free booze was greatly appreciated. Wishing you a lifetime of wedded bliss!
- Here’s the secret to a successful marriage…oh wait, no one has figured that out yet. Good luck!
- Congratulations on signing away your freedom and privacy!
- Never forget that this might be the happiest day of your life. It’s all downhill from here! Best wishes.
- Best of luck to your new spouse. They don’t know what they’re getting into. Thankfully, they love you unconditionally!
Wedding Wishes Based on Bible Verses
- “Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” –Ephesians 4:32
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” –1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” –1 Corinthians 13:4-5
- “Let all that you do be done in love.” –1 Corinthians 16:14
- “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” –Song of Solomon 3:4
- “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” –Romans 12:10
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” –Mark 10:9
- “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.” –Proverbs 3:3
- “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.” –1 Peter 4:8
Wedding Wishes for a Colleague
- Congratulations on finding your soulmate!
- Wishing you an everlasting union.
- May your love burn brightly forever.
- Best wishes!
- Here’s to many happy years together!
- Congratulations on your nuptials.
- All the best to you today and always.
- Seeing you two together brings me so much joy. Best wishes!
- Tons of love for you today and always.
- Wishing you a long and healthy marriage.
- It is a privilege to witness such pure love. Congratulations!
- Following your heart always leads to a lifetime of love.
- Here’s to an exciting and loving future together.
- I’m so glad to share this special day with you two!
- Congratulations on your marriage. I wish you both the best.
- Best wishes for today and beyond.
- We are honored to celebrate your love and special day.
- A lifetime of love begins today. Enjoy every minute!
- I’m so honored to share this special day with you.
- Well wishes!
- I wish you both a long and happy marriage!
Meaningful Wedding Wishes
- As the days go by, hold onto the burning love that ignited your journey.
- Don’t let anything stand in the way of your love.
- As you take this big step, know that you have my love and support today and always.
- Be sure to always lean on your unconditional love even when things aren’t easy.
- As a couple, you are living proof that following your heart will always lead to true love.
- Never forget what brought you two together. Stay focused on your love and you’ll never go wrong.
- Keep your love close to your heart, it can conquer anything.
- Respect your union and each other and the rest will always fall into place.
- All that matters is your love for one another. Congratulations on making the commitment.
- The connection you share is unbreakable. Cherish and honor your love.
- Don’t lose sight of your love, it can overcome anything.
- Honor your spouse and you will be prepared for anything that comes your way.
- Keep humor at the forefront of your marriage and you’ll have a lifetime of laughs.
- Congratulations on your marriage. We want you to know that you can always call and count on us for anything.
- Put your marriage first and watch it flourish.
- Always remember to make time for each other no matter the circumstance.
- Your sweetest dream has come true. Never forget what this feels like. Best wishes!
- May this day stay in your heart forever.
- True love trumps all. As you embark on this new journey, make it your guiding light.
- Prioritize spending time together and you will have a long-lasting love.
- Keeping your heart in the right place will always lead to true love, as you have shown with your union.
GABRIELLAM0613 / 500PXGETTY IMAGES
Wishes for a New Family Member
- Best wishes. Welcome to the family!
- I am so blessed to have gained another loving family member.
- Our family has gained a wonderful new member. We’re so happy to share in your love and special day.
- I’m so happy to call you family. Here’s to a lifetime of making precious memories together.
- Today we added another member to our family tree, and we are overjoyed. Here’s to more family gatherings.
- We love you both so much. Thank you for inviting us to celebrate your union.
- Nothing warms my heart more than seeing you two together. Welcome to our family.
- You fit right into our family. We’re welcoming you with open arms. Congratulations.
- Our family just got better because you joined it. Cheers!
- This special day will go down as one of our family’s finest moments. We’re so happy to have you in our lives.
Wedding Wishes for a Son or Daughter
- I couldn’t be prouder of the beautiful/handsome young man/woman you’ve become. Congratulations on stepping into this new chapter.
- As your mom, witnessing your union makes my heart sing. I am overjoyed to watch your love grow.
- I’ve watched you blossom into a wonderful young woman/man. Always know that I’m here for you no matter what. Congratulations!
- Although you will always be my baby, you’re now entering a new role in your life. Wishing you nothing but best wishes and everlasting love.
- It makes me so happy to see you marrying the love of your life. I always knew you’d find someone who cherishes you as much as I do. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness.
- May you bring each other as much happiness as you’ve brought into my life. Best wishes for a long and healthy marriage.
- I always knew you were special, and it warms my heart to see someone else love and appreciate you as much as I do. Congratulations on your special day!
- From the moment you were born, I knew that you would grow up to become an exceptional individual. Now that you’re getting married, never lose sight of your values and principles that have taken you this far in life.
- I’m so happy to be part of your special day, daughter. As always, I’m wishing you the best in everything that you do.
- To my beautiful/handsome daughter/son, it’s such a lovely feeling to witness your union. May your marriage be filled with joy and happiness on this special occasion.