Having a hard time sleeping? Try some of these sleep quotes. They will surely send you off to dreamland.
We all are desperate for a wholesome sleep after a tiresome day’s work. But most of us cut it short as we underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep and focus on other things instead.
Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed when you wake up. Healthy sleep also helps the body remain healthy by preventing diseases. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly. Sleep is your body’s way of recharging its batteries.
I love sleeping quotes
A great way to fall asleep is to read something. Let’s go through some quotes that represent sleep’s importance and beauty.
1. “There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.” ― Mindy Kaling
– Advertisement –
2. “People say, ‘I’m going to sleep now,’ as if it were nothing. But it’s really a bizarre activity. ‘For the next several hours, while the sun is gone, I’m going to become unconscious, temporarily losing command over everything I know and understand. When the sun returns, I will resume my life.’” — George Carlin
3. “Man is a genius when he is dreaming.” ― Akira Kurosawa
4. “I’ve always envied people who sleep easily. Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed.” ― David Benioff
5. “She used to say she could taste sleep and that it was as delicious as a BLT on fresh French bread.” ― Rebecca Wells
6. “Of all the things a man may do, sleep probably contributes most to keeping him sane. It puts brackets about each day. If you do something foolish or painful today, you get irritated if somebody mentions it, today. If it happened yesterday, though, you can nod or chuckle, as the case may be. You’ve crossed through nothingness or dream to another island in Time.” ― Roger Zelazny
7. “There is renewal in rest.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
– Advertisement –
8. “Having peace, happiness and healthiness is my definition of beauty. And you can’t have any of that without sleep.” — Beyonce
9. “I love sleep because it is both pleasant and safe to use. Pleasant because one is in the best possible company and safe because sleep is the consummate protection against the unseemliness that is the invariable consequence of being awake. What you don’t know won’t hurt you.” ― Fran Lebowitz
10. “My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.” — Marlo Thomas
11. “Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
– Advertisement –
12. “Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” — Rod McKuen
13. “I crave the sweet surrender of sleep and my dreams’ uncensored communication: no tiresome small talk, sucking up to impress, or tiptoeing around charged topics. Dreams are the naked truth; get ready for it.” ― Judith Orloff
14. “I had a dream I was awake, and I woke up to find myself asleep.” — Stan Laurel
15. “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
16. “In an era when Fear of Missing Out has its own universally understood acronym, recuperative rest and relaxation are not always regarded as the intensely worthwhile pursuits that they are. Instead, we are harassed into believing that we must be constantly available to be of value, that peak productivity and performance are directly related to presenteeism, and that to snooze is to lose. This couldn’t be more wrong.” ― Michelle Ogundehin
17. “Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep.” — Fran Drescher
18. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” — Victor Hugo
19. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” — John Steinbeck
20. “If you were not to set an alarm clock, would you sleep past it? If the answer is yes, then there is clearly more sleep that is needed.” — Matthew Walker
Sleep Quotes Stressing On The Importance Of Sleeping Well
The need for sleep is one of the most powerful habits we have. The desire to be awake, to be active, and productive – is so strong that we must often force ourselves to sleep, even when we are not tired.
Some severe problems can enter our lives when not get enough sleep. This can range from mental health problems like depression and anxiety to even physical ailments and issues like diabetes, cardiac arrest, obesity, high blood pressure, etc. We must be careful and get a good 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
Let’s read a little more about the significance of sleep in our lives.
21. “No wonder Sleeping Beauty looked so good…she took long naps, never got old, and didn’t have to do anything but snore to get her Prince Charming.” ― Olive Green
22. “When I’m alone, I can sleep crossways in bed without an argument.” — Zsa Zsa Gabor
23. “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
24. “At the end of the day, you go to sleep with the people you love, you wake up with the people you love, and you spend your time with the people you love.” — Tyga
25. “Marriage is good for those who are afraid to sleep alone at night.” — St. Jerome
26. “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?” ― Ernest Hemingway
27. “I like to embrace natural beauty. I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep, drinking a lot of water and exercising.” — Tia Mowry
28. “Nothing makes you feel better than when you get into a hotel bed, and the sheets feel so good. Why shouldn’t you wake up like that every day? Spend money on your mattress and bedding because these things make a difference on your sleep and, ultimately, your happiness.” — Bobby Berk
29. “I can think. I can sleep. I can move. I can ride my bike. I can dream.” — Bill Walton
30. “The moment the alarm goes off is the first test; it sets the tone for the rest of the day. The test is not a complex one: when the alarm goes off, do you get up out of bed, or do you lie there in comfort and fall back to sleep? If you have the discipline to get out of bed, you win – you pass the test.” — Jocko Willink
31. “There’s a reason they call it ‘beauty sleep.’ Getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night can actually improve your appearance.” — Lauren Conrad
32. “Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night.” ― Charles Fisher
33. “We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” — William Shakespeare
34. “Control what you can control. Don’t lose sleep worrying about things that you don’t have control over because, at the end of the day, you still won’t have any control over them.” — Cam Newton
35. “Eat well and sleep well. That will feed your nervous system and your psyche. As you get older, you look how you feel.” — Francesca Annis
Sleep Quotes Which Demonstrate Sleep Is Indeed A Blessing In Life
There are several benefits of getting a good sleep at night. It helps you maintain your body weight so that you do not become obese and unhealthy. Also, people who sleep well at night tend to eat less than those who don’t, which helps with weight.
Getting adequate sleep also increases your productivity by making you feel more energetic and giving you the time you need to rest. It also helps us to be in a good mood. Sleeping also enough allows our minds to function correctly and in a better way. Thus we can think better, and we also have a better memory power upon sleeping enough and function more rationally.
Here are some famous quotes which give you a deeper insight into sleep.
36. “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson
37. “Listen, I love babies. I love children. And I melt when I’m around them. I also love my freedom and I love that I can sleep at night.” — Ellen DeGeneres
38. “How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads; to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams.” — Bram Stoker
39. “Before you sleep, read something that is exquisite, and worth remembering.” ― Desiderius Erasmus
40. “Human beings are the only species that deliberately deprive themselves of sleep for no apparent gain. Many people walk through their lives in an underslept state, not realizing it.” — Matthew Walker
41. “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” — Robert Frost
42. “Sometimes at night I would sleep open-eyed underneath a sky dripping with stars. I was alive then.” ― Albert Camus
43. “If I have a bad game, I think about what I have to do to return to form. Figure it out, go to sleep, and wake up a new man.” — Matt Kemp
44. “I love that moment, when you stop struggling to stay awake and your eyelids shut sink down and you slip effortlessly into another realm that’s beckoning to you.” ― Rachel Klein
45. “The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream.” — Marilyn Monroe
46. “As important as it is to have a plan for doing work, it is perhaps more important to have a plan for rest, relaxation, self-care, and sleep.” ― Akiroq Brost
47. “A mom who has slept is an alert and happier mommy.” — Tamera Mowry
48. “Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!” ― Martin Luther
49. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
50. “A little bit of rest can go a long way.” ― A.D. Aliwat
More Sleep Quotes & Sayings
The pace of modern life barely gives us time to stop and rest. It regularly makes getting a good night’s sleep seem like a dream.
Do you want to know a few cool facts about the pattern of sleep living beings follow worldwide?
Here are some interesting facts about sleep and dreams–
- 12% of people dream entirely in black and white.
- Two-thirds of a cat’s life is spent asleep.
- A giraffe only needs 1.9 hours of sleep, whereas a brown bat needs 19.9 hours a day.
- Humans spend 1/3 of their life sleeping.
Sleep quotes are often associated with words of wisdom or thoughtfulness, particularly those thoughts shared by eminent personalities like philosophers and statesmen.
51. “Never waste any time you can spend sleeping.” ― Frank H. Knight
52. “Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank.” — Alphonse Allais
53. “The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4 am knows all my secrets.” ― Poppy Z. Brite
54. “Taking breaks isn’t about cheating yourself, it’s about treating yourself.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
55. “I’m going to sleep well tonight knowing that I made the right decision.” — George Ryan
56. “They slept profoundly, desperately, greedily, as though for the last time, as though they had been condemned to stay awake forever and had to drink in all the sleep in the world during these last hours. ” ― Hermann Hesse
57. “We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” — George Orwell
58. “Activity and rest are two vital aspects of life. To find a balance in them is a skill in itself. Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have. Finding them in each other – activity in rest and rest in activity – is the ultimate freedom.” ― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
59. “Life is something to do when you can’t get to sleep.” — Fran Lebowitz
60. “I wonder why I don’t go to bed and go to sleep. But then it would be tomorrow, so I decided that no matter how tired, no matter how incoherent I am, I can skip one hour more of sleep and live.” ― Sylvia Plath