Anxiety, panic attacks, and profuse sweating are what we encounter before an important interview or a life-changing examination. This is encountered by even the top-performing celebrities and musicians, who sometimes resort to medications to control their anxiety. It occurs due to fear and lack of self-confidence.
Confidence is a game-changer. It’s the strength of the mind and belief in yourself. Less talented people ace the best interviews due to self-confidence.
Confidence is what you teach yourself. It’s not something you are born with. You don’t need to be the prettiest girl in the room or the most talented person among the aspirants.
Confidence means showing up even when you are not feeling your best. It comes by doing something you fear but desperately want again and again.
One of my favorite sayings from George Addair states: “Everything you’ve ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.”
– Advertisement –
Let’s read some quotes by some of the wisest minds about self-confidence.
Confidence Quotes To Help You Believe In Yourself
1. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
3. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Laozi
4. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – The Dalai Lama
5. “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.” – Cicero
– Advertisement –
6. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
7. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face … we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
– Advertisement –
10. “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” – Lou Holtz
11. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
12. “Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.” – George Washington
13. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
14. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
15. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard Baruch
Confidence Quotes To Boost Your Self-Esteem
Self-confidence is an attitude about your skills and abilities. It means you accept and trust yourself and have a sense of control in your life. You know your strengths and weaknesses well, and have a positive view of yourself. You set realistic expectations and goals, communicate assertively, and can handle criticism. And this enables you to attain your highest self and brings out the best within you.
Let’s read some quotes which illustrate the importance of confidence while performing any task–
16. “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” –Lillian Hellman
17. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” – Paul Tournier
18. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” –Paulo Coelho
19. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
20. “Trust yourself–you know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
21. “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
23. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
25. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louise May Alcott
26. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
27. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
28. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
29. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
30.“People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you’ve figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence.” –Jack Canfield
31. “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.” –Epicurus
32. “Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.” –George Herbert
33. “You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.” – Chris Evert
34. “Always be yourself–express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
35. “Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” –Barrie Davenport
Confidence Quotes To Strengthen Your Mind
Here are some effective methods useful to raise low self-esteem.
- Recognize what you’re good at. We’re all good at something, whether it’s cooking, singing, dancing, etc.
- Build positive relationships.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Learn to be assertive.
- Start saying “no”.
- Give yourself a challenge.
Show up and stand out. Steal the spotlight and just perform. Don’t overthink. Take the first step, and you’ll surely figure out everything eventually.
Here are some quotes illustrating how self-confidence leads one to success and glory.
36. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
37. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” –Arthur Ashe
38. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” –Tina Fey
39. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” –T. Harv Eker
40. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” –Robert Anthony
41. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –Christopher Robin
42. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” –Sally Field
43. “The confidence which we have in ourselves give birth to much of that which we have in others.” –Francois de la Rochefoucauld
44. “Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something … hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” –Roger Staubach
45. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” –Thomas Edison
46. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” –Anne Freud
47. “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” –Tim Gunn
48. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” –Marcus Garvey
49. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” –Robert Downey Jr.
50. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” –Joe Namath
Confidence quotes for women
Self-confident women know how to say honest things without hurting others’ sentiments. She also knows how to be heard with dignity when there is a difference of opinion by considering everyone’s decisions. All this takes practice, but the most important thing is believing that you can be better.
51. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” –Bruce Barton
52. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain
53. “If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” –Michelle Obama
55. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” –Norman Vincent Peale
56. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” –Jodi Picoult
58. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
59. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” –E. E. Cummings
60. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” –Dr. Seuss