Being a single mother is the most difficult job in the world. You have to do everything for your children. But there is nothing more beautiful than raising kids when you are a single mother. Your children are the most precious gift God can give a woman and being a mother makes her more beautiful than any crown or diamond ring could do.
June 1 has also been proclaimed as the “Global Day of Parents” by the United Nations as a mark of appreciation for parents’ commitment toward their children. But what about numerous single moms out there in the world who are fighting all day long to provide the best facilities for their children while raising them single-handedly?
They are true superheroes and Sheroes. Their efforts are the most commendable in the entire world as they play the role of both a mother and a father in raising their children.
From managing finances to fulfilling all the demands of their children, they are the most hardworking and dedicated persons ever in this world.
Let’s read some quotes appreciating the efforts of single moms whose sacrifice and immense love we all pledge to acknowledge.
– Advertisement –
1.“Each child is biologically required to have a mother. Fatherhood is a well-regarded theory, but motherhood is a fact.” – PJ O’Rourke
2. “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think what you do matters very much.” – Jackie Kennedy
3. “Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination.” – Felicity Jones
4. “The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because stuff worked out. They got that way because stuff went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “As a single mum you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” – Emma-Louise Smith
6. “I value so many people who have to work full time, definitely single mothers. Their work is the hardest work. I applaud it so much.” – Molly Sims
– Advertisement –
7. “I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother.” – Mary Louise Parker
8. “I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time.” – Christina Milian
9. “As a single mom, I’m juggling a lot and working long hours. Yes, it costs them a little, but what my children get in return is a mother who is energized and content.” – Edie Falco
10. “There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, ears, and mind of your child, you are a SUPER MOM.” – Stephanie Precourt
– Advertisement –
11. “Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.” – Anonymous
12. “Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women.” – Kenny Conley
13. ”Respect to all mums doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads.” – John Mark Green
14. ”Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” – Meg Lowrey
15. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thought. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
16. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
17. “I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” – J.K. Rowling
18. “I think it’s really important for every mother to find their own way.” — Solange Knowles
19. “Gone are the days when you would sit and wait for your knight in shining armor. Be brave, be independent and believe that you can do it, and you can do a better job.”- Unknown
20. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” — Mandy Hale
Inspirational Single Mom Quotes
Raising a child on your own is usually stressful. Without a partner, the stakes are higher. As a single parent, you might have sole responsibility for all aspects of day-to-day child care.
Some necessary compliments you must give to make her feel she’s not alone are as follows–
- You’re teaching your children so much about multi-tasking. It’s amazing.
- You’re stronger than you think you are.
- You’re doing a great job.
- You’re beautiful inside and out, and so are your children.
- You’re an amazing role model for all women.
Let’s read some quotes to acknowledge the strength and courage of single moms working tirelessly with a smile on their faces.
21. “I am a single mom and I’m the breadwinner and I have to work and I have to do these things and that’s just the way it is. I don’t think my son even knows any different.” – Charisma Carpenter
22. “I can’t tell you how much I respect all the single parents out there doing it solo” – Jennie Finch
23. “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.”- Maxim Gorky
24. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.”- Deniece Williams
25. “It’s not single parenthood in and of itself. It’s more about how people parent.” – Sophie Zadeh
26. “Mothers – especially single mothers – are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation’s children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families’ well-being.” – Evan Bayh
27. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” – Tichina Arnold
28. “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is till our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids and a single mother is no different.” – Paula Miranda
29. “Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.” – Garrison Keillor
30. “The most difficult part of dating as a single parent is deciding how much risk your own child’s heart is worth.” – Daniel Pearce
31. “Better a loving single-parent family than a ‘conventional’ family where the parents hate each other and the father is a demagogue.” – Moby
32. “I was once a single mother, with very few resources, so I have a special place in my heart for women in difficult situations.” – Linda Lael Miller
33. “The strength of my mother is something I didn’t pay attention to for so long. Here she was, this single mom, who was part of the Great Migration, who was part of a Jim Crow south, who said, ‘I’m getting my kids out of here. I’m creating opportunities for these young people by any means necessary.” – Jacqueline Woodson
34. “Being a single mum is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.” – Anonymous
Single Mom Quotes Which Demonstrate Satisfaction And Love
Irrespective of all the hard work and struggles a single mother has to go through, she is always satisfied and feels fulfilled after seeing the smiles on the faces of her children and their needs being met. She deserves appreciation and care on her part as she, too, is a human being and has her own wishes too of times.
Best Single Mom Quotes is a collection of true-life quotes from real single moms. Life has a way of throwing us curveballs, but our amazing moms handled it all! They have faced many challenges over the years and have become stronger for it. These best single mom quotes are encouraging and motivational for anyone who is going through a tough time.
35. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.” – Rajneesh
36. “At the end of the day, it’s the bond you share with your child that matters, and you mommy know just how to do that.” – Unknown
37. “We are born of love; love is our mother.”- Rumi
38. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”- Jodi Picoult
39. “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”- William Makepeace Thackeray
40. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”- Mitch Albom
41. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them”- Victor Hugo
42. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”- Cardinal Meymillod
43. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”- Princess Diana
44. “A child’s first teacher is its mother.”- Peng Liyuan
45. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.”- Ricki Lake
46. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”- Barbara Kingsolver
47. “Motherhood changes everything.”- Adriana Trigiani
48. “There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing.”- Billy Sunday
49. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.”- Geroge Eliot
50. “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.”- Honore de Balzac
There are no perfect moms. Every single mom is doing the best she can. You’re a mom, and you are doing an excellent job of it.
With no spouse to negotiate or argue with over day-to-day responsibilities and expenditures, things get done more quickly and efficiently. Looking at the bright side of the situation, knowing you, alone, are in charge can be quite liberating and empowering.
Single mothers also cite an increased bonding time with the children as a benefit. Without a spouse taking up time with needs and requests, a single parent has more time – and energy – for the children. Let’s read some quotes which focus on the beauty of the presence of a mother in a child’s life and a child in a mother’s life.
51. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”- Rudyard Kipling
52. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.”- Henry Ward Beecher
53. “You don’t take a class; you’re thrown into motherhood and learn from experience.”- Jennie Finch
54. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.”- Meryl Streep
55. “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.”- Sophocles
56. “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – Maria Shriver
57. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
58. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
59. “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
60. “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce