Sisters are best friends for life, sharing their clothes and secrets, their adventures and dreams. They keep each other’s secrets locked in their hearts, and create new ones every day.
A sister makes one’s life complete. A little bit of childhood that can never be lost, her role in the family is immense. Sisterhood means accepting each other for all each others’ flaws and knowing that no matter what, and always being by the others’ side.
Sisters, elder or younger, contribute to the development of positive emotions. A study from Brigham Young University found that people with sisters experience less guilt, loneliness, and feelings of fear overall than people without sisters.
If you have a sister, send these short quotes and funny stories that will leave them smiling and thinking of the fun times you’ve had with this special woman.
Best Sister Quotes
Sisters are special people, who love you and will be there for you throughout your whole life. They can make you laugh when you need a smile, bring you food when you are hungry, and comfort you through the tough times.
– Advertisement –
Sisters are the first friends we look to whenever we want to share something big or small. They will always support and love us no matter what – even when they’re across town or across the country.
Sister Quotes from sisters to sisters. These sister quotes will make you say “Aww” and put a smile on your face! Share these quotes about sisters with your sister tonight.
1. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” —Amy Li
2. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” —Little Women film adaptation (1994)
3. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” —Toni Morrison
4. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.”—Lauren Weisberger
– Advertisement –
5. “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.” —Ally Condie
6. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” —Pam Brown
7. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” —Lisa See
8. “I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” —Venus Williams
– Advertisement –
9. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” —Barbara Alpert
10. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” —Marilyn Monroe
11. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” —George R.R. Martin
12. “When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word.” —Maeve Binchy
13. “I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me. I believed this because my sister Emily convinced me of it when I was a toddler…There’s a part of me that still believes it. I have moments when I think, ‘Hmm, could that be true?’ Occasionally I ask my sister about it and she responds by pulling an alien face, which only confuses matters.” —Zooey Deschane
14. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” —Louise Glück
15. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” —Alice Walker
16. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” —Deborah Tannen
17. “Never let an angry sister brush your hair.” —Anonymous
18. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” —Anonymous
19. “I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister.” —Erin Morgenstern
20. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” —Jojo Moyes
Best Sister Quotes To Show Affection And Care
Having a sister can be the best thing in the world as you have a lifelong companion to laugh with, talk to, not to say, pull pranks. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling knowing that you can tell all your deepest secrets to someone safely anytime and not get judged?
Sisters are the best friends who know everything about you and still accept you unconditionally. They are the ones who will always stick by your side and defend you when someone says something bad about you. And they definitely know how to keep it real and show you when you need some tough love to get through a rough patch in life.
21. “There were once two sisters who were not afraid of the dark because the dark was full of the other’s voice across the room, because even when the night was thick and starless they walked home together from the river seeing who could last the longest without turning on her flashlight, not afraid.” —Jandy Nelson
22. “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.” —Beyoncé
23. “If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?” —Jodi Picoult
24. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” —Gemma Burgess
25. “My sister was the one person who told me not to change, that my skin was beautiful. She really helped me feel good about myself.” —Khoudia Diop
26. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.”—Anonymous
27. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” —Christina Rossetti
28. “If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore.” —Pearl Cleage
29. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” —Carol Saline
30. “We have our own, unspoken language—a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. It is the ability to prod laughter and love no matter how much your heart might hurt. Someone who sees you exactly as you are and thinks that is enough. Someone who will walk next to you always.” —Barbara Bush, on twin sister Jenna Bush Hager
31. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” —Linda Sunshine
32. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” —Benjamin Disraeli
33. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.”―Claire Cook
34. “Boys seemed incredibly tedious and dim compared to my sisters, who were always a rush of energy and excitement, buzzing over all the books, records, jokes, rumors and ideas we were discovering together.”—Rob Sheffield
35. “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.”—Anonymous
Best Sister Quotes To Admire Her Personality
A sister has a bubbly personality and can brighten up the room wherever she goes. She has a solution to almost anything and everything and has the capability to immediately cheer one’s mood up. A sister appreciates taking a stand for her siblings and family courageously. She acts as a role model and teacher who helps the younger siblings learn about bigger and more important things in the world around them and helps them gain the maturity to deal with challenges.
Sisters are like diamonds, precious and rare. Show your sister how much you love her with these beautiful quotes.
36. “You ever hear Dad introduce us to people? ‘This our daughter Dottie. And this is our other daughter, Dottie’s sister.’ They should’ve just had you and bought a dog.” —A League of Their Own
37. “Among the merits and the happiness of Elinor and Marianne let it not be ranked as the least considerable that though sisters, and living almost within sight of each other, they could live without disagreement between themselves.”—Jane Austen
38. “My sister…is the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her.” —Katy Perry
39. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.” —Emily Dickinson
40. “Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.” —Irving Berlin
41. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” —Mary Worley Montagu
42. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” —Erin Forbes
43. “I know my sister like I know my own mind/You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind…I love my sister more than anything in this life/I will choose her happiness over mine every time.” —Hamilton
44. “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever-present as a pulse.” —Lisa Wingate
45. “Four sisters, parted for an hour/None lost, one only gone before/Made by love’s immortal power/Nearest and dearest evermore.” —Louisa May Alcott
Siblings are the best. Just like any other friendship, your sister may not always be there for you. However, when a sister does help you out in a tough time, she is something special. Whether through advice or comfort, when sisters are there for one another and support each other, it can truly make all the difference in their lives. These quotes from famous sisters should inspire you to be there for your own sister as well!
46. “My first beauty moment was when I was probably four years old. My sister and I snuck into my mom’s room and got into her makeup. We put on blush and lipstick and eyeshadow. I will always remember that day.” —Stella Maxwell
47. “Your sister knows everything to say to piss you off. But sisters tend to be each other’s biggest champion and also their hardest critics.” —Erin Foster
48. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” —Elizabeth Fishel
49. “The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes.” —Kendall Jenner
50. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” —Anonymous