Going on a date is an interesting idea but how many people can handle the nerves? Do you get nervous on dates? Be careful, you may be sending the wrong message to your date — that you’re not interested.
The most common reason people get nervous is because they want their date to like them. Unfortunately, that is usually what causes the date to fail. If you put too much pressure on yourself to make it go perfectly the whole experience becomes stressful.
Dating is supposed to be fun. The more you do it, the more comfortable it will become. Keep in mind that your date is probably nervous too. Take some long deep breaths to calm your nerves. And follow the five tips below.
5 KEYS TO CALMING FIRST DATE NERVES
- Before you go out, visualize the specific details of how the date will go. You are attractive, confident, and sexy.
- Get out of your own head and put all your attention on your date. Find out if you like him/her and trust that he/she already likes you.
- If you’re struggling for something to say ask a question — and listen to the answer.
- Flirt with your date. Make eye contact, lean in, gently touch him/ her arm, shoulder or back, and hold his/her hand when you walk.
- Kiss your date good night, on the lips. Even if it’s just a quick peck you need to send the message that you’re interested.